Thank you Coffee Mugs and Sippy Cups for nominating me for this award 🙂 I’m not going to lie, I love any kind of recognition! lol It’s just so nice to know that someone is actually reading the stuff we write ❤
Coffee Mugs and Sippy Cups’s blog is based on her experiences as a stay-at-home mom to a lot of little kids (all under the age of six). In one of her blogs she said “the truth is, I don’t feel like SuperMom. In fact, most days I find it hard enough to get the kids dressed and fed, let alone complete all of the daily things on my to-do list.” Even though I only have two kids, I can totally relate. Sometimes I’m shocked I make it out the door with the same shoes on.
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I once almost knocked myself out with a bottle of wine, trying to get to a bottle of wine.
- There are a lot of things I would do if I could get away with it 😉
- I will basically stop in the middle of the road to let someone in if they are using their blinker.
- I love airports.
- I totally believe that if you are having sex with someone, you should be sharing money.
- The first time I went to Europe, I went with a friend and I had $18 in my pocket. lol
- I bought our house without telling my husband.
- When I was pregnant I went on a macaroni and cheese tour. lol
- I once made up a game at work called ‘the Vagina Game’.
- When I told my friends I wanted to start a garden and plant grapes, their first question was “so you can make your own wine?!?”
- I knew my husband for like 2 seconds before we got married, had a baby, and moved to the United States (uhhh, and not in that order).
In acceptance of this award, I am required to answer the following eleven questions:
- How long have you been writing/blogging? I’ve always liked to write, but I’ve been blogging for about 10 weeks or so. My first post says I wrote it in 2012, but I just made that date up to get it off of my home screen. lol I still feel like I barely know what I’m doing.
- What are your long-term dreams blog-wise? I’d like to continue blogging about things that I’m passionate about…nursing, women, obstetrics, and food!
- What is your favorite way to spend free time? It sounds so lazy, but literally doing nothing.
- What is your favorite book? Comfort Woman by Nora Keller. It’s beautifully written.
- If you could do anything at all, without regards to money or time, what would it be? Set up a non-profit organization uniting community women and nurses. And travel everywhere.
- Who is/was the biggest role model in your life? I don’t know. I wish I could say I looked up to one specific person, but I guess a lot of different women/people influenced me throughout the years. I have a very special bond with my preceptor. My first manager guided me and taught me how to be calmer. I listened to everything this one charge nurse ever said to me. My mom is one of the hardest working nurses I know, selfless in her actions, always willing to stay late or come in early, completely competent in her abilities—so I would probably say she has been my biggest influencer as a nurse.
- If you could spend one day with anyone, both past and present, who would it be and why? Florence Nightingale 🙂 She was the founder of nursing. She saw things around her that could be better, she treated, she educated, and she worked for things to be better.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse and an ice-cream driver on my days off. True story.
- What is your favorite way to reduce stress? Drink red wine.
- What is one tip you have for new bloggers? Write something you’re passionate about.
- What is one thing you hope to leave as a legacy for future generations? No clue about ‘future generations’. But on a smaller scope, I hope my children dream and are inspired to take action.
My 11 nominations for the Liebster Award are:
- Boho Birth
- This Ordinary Life
- I Love You, Momma
- The Cries of My Heart
- My Love For Food Expressed
- Gracious Mom
- Cheap Eats for the Green Bean
- Home Yoga Practice
The 11 questions for my nominees are:
- Why did you feel the need to start a blog?
- What job do you do in “real life”?
- If you could do something and get away with it, what would you do?
- What was the last selfless act you did?
- When was the last time you read a book?
- What was the last song you intentionally played?
- What was the last thing you made for dinner?
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go?
- What is your biggest irritation?
- Whether you’re a male or a female, if you’ve had kids, what was your birthing experience like? (or how did you experience it as a dad)
- What time do you usually wake up on a Saturday?