Want to get involved, but don’t know how?
There are a lot of legislative alerts and updates that affect you, your patients, or their babies! If you don’t have time to march to Washington, you could click on the link provided here to email Congress and voice your opinion on important legislative matters.
Our voice is important! One of my favorite quotes is silence is the voice of complicity. If we want things to change, if we want things to be better, someone has to do something…and that someone could be you 🙂
- Maternal Health Accountability Act – This legislation would make grants available to states to establish a maternal mortality review committee or expand the efforts of existing committees. Without these committees in place, we will not fully understand why women are dying and how to best prevent their deaths.
- Pregnant Workers Fairness Act – This legislation will close legal loopholes and ensure that pregnant women are treated fairly on the job.
- Supporting Working Moms Act – The Supporting Working Moms Act would expand existing federal law to cover approximately 12 million salaried employees to express milk in the workplace.
- Family Act – This legislation would create a tax credit for the costs associated with IVF and fertility preservation.
- Quality Care for Moms and Babies Act – This act would support the establishment and expansion of maternity care collaboratives and establish a standard set of maternity care quality measures for reporting in Medicaid and CHIP.
How to stay informed:
Sign up for the Action E-List and be notified when you can make a critical difference on important issues. You will also receive a quarterly newsletter – Legislative News and Views – via e-mail.
Advocacy Toolkit – download the advocacy toolkit for a step-by-step instructional guide on how to get involved in legislation.
Be an action hero!!!
Picture courtesy of RNDeer