This was my favorite recipe as a kid. When I made this for my husband, he said he knew he was going to marry me. lol It’s his favorite meal. And it’s still one of mine because it’s very easy to make!
- kosher salt
- large family-sized can of mushroom soup
- chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- brown gravy packet (this is optional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Season drumsticks with kosher salt.
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan. Cook drumsticks over medium high heat for 10 minutes, and then turn chicken.
- Add chopped mushrooms
- Add 3/4 cup chicken stock and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Add large can of mushroom soup and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through. If you have brown gravy mix lying around, add 1/2 packet of the brown gravy mix to a few tablespoons of water. Combine the mix and the water and add to mushroom soup. It gives this meal an added yummy flavor.
- Season with kosher salt.
- We serve this over white rice.
Categories: My Favorite Recipes