I love this rice recipe. I never said it was healthy!!
- 1 cup long grained rice (I use Texmati)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 stick of butter
- chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- kosher salt
I do not know how people live without a rice cooker.
- Cook your rice on the stove or in your rice cooker: add the 1 cup rice and 2 cups chicken stock and cook like you normally do.
- When the rice is almost done, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the chopped shallot and chopped mushrooms, and cook on medium-low for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and continue to cook for a few more minutes. You’re really just warming the cream.
- Add juice from one lemon and 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Toss mixture in your rice and serve. Yum.
Categories: My Favorite Recipes