Ohhhh I can’t believe I’m even sharing this, because everyone loves this alfredo sauce! It’s taken years for me to perfect it, and now I can not go to any restaurant and think their alfredo is better than mine. Disclaimer: I never said this was healthy!
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream
- Half a stick of butter
- Parmesan Reggiano…and it shouldn’t cost less than $10
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pour 1 cup of heavy cream into a pan. Gently boil for 15 minutes. Cream should thicken and reduce by approximately half.
- Add 2 cups (or two large handfuls) of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of cream and half a stick of butter.
- Add pinch of nutmeg and 1 tsp. kosher salt.
- Stir until cheese is melted and serve.
– For portobello mushroom alfredo, add chopped mushrooms in with the cream.
Categories: My Favorite Recipes